Establishing a successful online business usually requires a lot of investment. And to gain significant returns, you need to have a cost-effective and risk-free marketing strategy in place. For these reasons and more, CPA marketing has become a hot topic in the world of advertising of 2020.
1#) What is CPA marketing?
Cost Per Action (CPA) marketing is a modern internet marketing strategy that allows you to hire affiliate marketers and pay them only when a specific action has been completed. The action can be anything you would want, such as getting a quote, signing up for an offer, making a purchase, or even filling out a form.
This innovative strategy allows businesses to market their products or services without any significant investment. It also provides an online marketer with the opportunity to earn money online.
2#) How does CPA work?
The purpose of CPA marketing is to drive targeted traffic to your site. We’ve introduced you to the basic concept of CPA, now let’s take an in-depth look at the system’s major components:
An influencer who will market a business to drive traffic to its landing page.
The business that requires CPA affiliates to market their brand and consequently increase sales or trigger actions.
3. CPA Network:
This network connects affiliates willing to market products to brands that want to up the ante in their advertisement game.
Let’s take a look at a practical example. An up-and-coming tech gadget company by the name of TechnoBuzz wants its target customers to discover its products; and what better way to do that other than finding an audience that is interested in technology? Simon, a popular gadget geek with a large following on social media, would be the perfect person for promoting CPA offer. Established CPA affiliate networks would connect these two, thus enabling them to benefit from each other mutually. Here is a step-by-step look at how CPA campaigns work:
- The affiliate puts up an advert for the brand on an online platform or publishes content with a link to the brand’s landing page.
- Potential customers click on the advert or the link which directs them to the brand’s landing page or website.
- Customers complete the action the affiliate directed them towards (in most cases, purchasing a product or subscribing to a service).
- The affiliate network records the transaction, which is later confirmed by the business.
- The transaction is credited to the affiliate responsible for it.
- The affiliate is paid a commission, which is either a percentage of the final transaction or a fixed pre-decided rate.
The ultimate goal of an affiliate is to maximize the conversion rate – the rate at which the specified action is performed. An affiliate manager, the person who manages the CPA program, is key to this entire process being a success.
Digital marketing is unarguably the heart and soul of every business today. Pouring vast amounts of money into online advertisements can be beneficial, but also very risky. With CPA marketing, you’re not spending a single penny on advertising before making successful transactions. Hence, you’re avoiding all sorts of risks and ensuring a healthy return. What more could you want?