VAT registration in UAE has become quite a subject since \ the people have come to know about the fines and penalties that can be implemented on its escape. As the people are showing more interest in learning about VAT, the VAT consultants in UAE are becoming quite a source of guidance. They help the people in informing about the VAT and its rules so that they may act accordingly. A number of businesses in the UAE found VAT quite complex and thus faced different problems in filing processes.
Threshold requirements for VAT in UAE
There are different conditions for different businesses to follow in order to get VVAT registered;
- Businesses with an annual turnover of more than AED 375,000 are supposed to register for VAT mandatorily
- Business with an annual turnover from AED 187,500 to AED 375,000 can go for voluntary VAT registration
- Business startups whose expenses that are attracted towards VAT are more than AED 187,500 should also get registered.
Obligatory documents for VAT registration in UAE.
Here is the list of the documents that are needed for completing the registration process of VAT;
- 1. Business’ trade license copy
- Passport copy of both the owner and the partners
- Emirates ID of both the owner and the partners
- Memorandum of Association (MOA) of the company
- Bank account details of the company
- IBAN number
- Detailed view of the turnover of the company of the last 12 months. It must contain the balance sheet, audit reports or bank statements of the company
- Code of the Customs Authority Registration
- Registered address and PO box number of the company
- Projected revenues of the company
- Detailed view of imports and exports of the business (business activities)
- If the company is doing business in any of the GCC countries, their names should be mentioned
- Tax group name
Process of VAT Registration
Before starting the process of your VAT registration on the portal, you must keep the above-mentioned documents ready
Steps to follow;
- First of all, you must go to the online portal of FTA
- As you are not having an account already, you must sign up for a new one
- After signing up, start the process of registration. You will keep on getting the guidelines which will make further processing easier for you
- Add all the required details asked from you and submit the application after checking it thoroughly
- After you are successfully registered, you will be given a Tax Registration Number (TRN).
Make sure to remember your sign-up details as they will be used as login and password. Provide your email address if asked.
The portal made for the VAT registration is very user-friendly. This is made that way in order to encourage the people for registering easily. If you find any problem while registering, you can seek help from the VAT agents in UAE. They will guide you from the root level and make you understand it even better.
Seeking help is better than registering blindly without any prior knowledge